Protecting Birmingham Homes From Pest Before You Buy Them!
So you want to buy a house in Birmingham? Great! Now, are you 100% sure there are no bugs, spiders, rodents, snakes, or other wild animals in there? What about wood-destroying insects and organisms?
Getting your home inspected for wood-eating creatures is absolutely critical, both for home sellers and home buyers. Although it might not sound like the most pleasant activity in the world, with the Birmingham pest professionals at Pest Control Experts, it's barely even a blip in your day. We provide environmentally friendly WDI and WDO inspections that evaluate the entire home inside and out without compromising on your safety. Best of all, we give it to you straight, and we help you get to where you want to go that much faster!
How The Pest Control Experts Do Real Estate Inspections
At Pest Control Experts, we offer two major types of real estate inspections: Wood-Destroying Organisms (WDO) and Wood-Destroying Insects (WDI). During a typical inspection, here's what you can expect:
- Our initial inspection ensures that your structure doesn't have any kind of active pest or organism present. If we do find something, no worries! We'll contract to remove it in a separate service.
- Some of the major elements we look for are termites, funguses, and molds. We do everything in our power to check for signs and symptoms of their activity, as well as any conditions conducive to their growth.
- Need a report after the inspection is over? We can do that! Just ask one of our awesome technicians, and they'll get on it pronto.
Using a suite of environmentally safe inspection techniques, the team behind Pest Control Experts is ready and waiting to help whenever the need arises. Call today to schedule your next WDI / WDO inspection. Talk soon!
Easy Ways To Protect Your Home From WDOs and WDIs
Are you worried about wood-eating aliens crawling into your house this year? We are too. That's why we've put together this awesome list of prevention steps that reduce your chances of contracting wood-destroying organisms or insects.
- Don't leave firewood stacked against your home.
- Make sure to keep it at least 18 inches away from the structure.
- Keep debris and clutter cleaned up in your yard, especially next to exterior walls. Even the tiniest bit of detritus can attract insects and organisms that cause destruction.
- When you're outside your home, look for evidence of wood-eating insects and organisms. There are tons out there, but common signs include burrows, damaged wood looking like Swiss cheese, or sagging between joists or rafters.
- Make sure that all windows and doors close tightly without any draft (which could let bugs in).
- Trim vines and other plants away from the exterior of your home. These vines can damage siding and allow pests to get inside, which is a major no-no.
Ready for your first WDO / WDI inspection? If so, give our offices a quick ring to set up a time for us to take care of it. We'd be happy to ensure that your home is free from any type of Birmingham termites, fungi, or wood-eating infestation.
Have a home that's not for sale? Pest Control Experts still offers residential pest protection and commercial pest prevention services in Birmingham that keep pests out of your house and lawn. Submit one of our online contact forms to speak with a pro today!