What are spiders?
Spiders are common home-invading pests. Common species in the Birmingham area include:
- Black widow
- Brown recluse
- Wolf spider
- Common house spider
- Funnel weaver
- Garden spider
- Jumping spider
Reach out to Pest Control Experts to get started with reliable spider removal services for your home!
Are spiders dangerous?
Most spiders aren’t a danger to people because their venom is not strong enough to create any health risks. In general, spiders are shy and reclusive by nature, and they tend to stay hidden away from people. In fact, spiders usually only bite when they feel threatened, startled, or are being directly handled. While most spiders found living throughout the United States are harmless, some are considered dangerous because their venom is strong enough to cause significant health problems in humans.
Why do I have a spider problem?
Spiders are predators, so they are usually problems on properties with other pest issues. The factors that can attract the insects that spiders prey on are abundant food sources, moisture problems, harborage areas, and entry points into a structure.
Where will I find spiders?
Spiders like to avoid people as much as we want to avoid them. Because of this, they will seek out quiet, lightly trafficked areas in your home. The most common places that these pests build their webs and hide are around window frames, in corners of rooms, under furniture, and inside closets. They can also be found in basements, attics, and garages where more prey pests are likely.
How do I get rid of spiders?
Getting rid of spiders isn't as easy as removing one every time you see it. If you see enough spiders in and around your home to cause concern, then you should contact us at Pest Control Experts. With our Birmingham pest control service options, you can keep your home free of spiders and the prey pests that attract them.
Before we service your home, we will inspect for harborage areas, conducive conditions, damage that may invite pests, and other factors that affect infestations. We use monitors to check for pest activity and use only botanically-based products on the interior of your home to keep you and your family safe. Our tailored approach uses different products to fight against the current and following season's pest pressures.
Give us a call at Pest Control Experts to get started protecting your home against spiders and other unwanted pests or to learn more about our Birmingham commercial pest management programs.
How can I prevent spiders in the future?
The best way to prevent spiders is by keeping away prey pests. You can do this by utilizing the following prevention measures:
- Reduce outdoor lights to deter the insects that will attract spiders.
- Practice proper trash removal by using garbage cans with tight-fitting lids, rinsing containers before throwing them away, and cleaning out garbage cans when necessary.
- Maintaining a clutter-free and organized home will help you keep your home clean.
- Ensure that all exterior doors and windows have screens, weatherstripping, and sweeps that aren't damaged.
- Inspect for other entry points like cracks in the foundation.
- Keep your yard maintained by removing dead plants, clearing gutters, and trimming overgrown foliage.
- You should also de-web on the interior and exterior of your home to help deter spiders and prevent eggs from hatching.